Most bacteria can be found in dirty places, like toilets or trash cans. However, cell phones can also cause acne because cell phones are one of the media where bacteria and germs are lodged in them! In fact, research says that mobile phones can cause acne and are 5 times dirtier than a toilet. How come it works?
Mobile Phone Research on the Skin
Reporting from Tech Insider, a microbiology-based study from Columbia Medical Center proved that cell phones are one of the places where bacteria and germs nest. Besides being able to cause disease, bacteria and germs that nest in it also has the potential to cause acne.
There were 38 cellphone samples tested in this study. 34 of them have tested positive for being contaminated with germs and bacteria of various kinds. Of course, this is determined by the habits of the cell phone user when carrying or using a cell phone.
Some of the bacteria detected include:
- Bacillus: causes of poisoning, pneumonia, skin infections, eye infections, meningitis, and others. This bacterium is most commonly found in nature.
- Pathogenic bacteria: A variety of parasitic pathogenic bacteria.
- Staphylococcus aurous: bacteria that produce pus and can cause ulcers, acne, pneumonia, and meningitis.
- MRSA: Bacteria that cause skin infections that begin with the appearance of boils, zits, or skin disorders in the form of spider bites.
- Escherichia Coli: bacteria that develop in the human intestine and can cause diarrhea, stomach cramps, digestive disorders to vomiting.
- Klebsiella Pneumoniae: bacteria that cause infections in certain body organs, such as the urinary tract, lung tissue, causing high fever, chills, chest pain, and shortness of breath.
No Need to Fear, Bacteria are a Part of Life
No matter how much you maintain cleanliness, bacteria can never be separated from normal human life. In essence, there are two keys to maintaining a healthy body from bacterial contamination.
First, it is to maintain the cleanliness of all lines that influence your life. Second, namely by maintaining a healthy body so that it can be immune and protected from bacteria that cause disease. Yes, fighting bacteria must be balanced. Handling of external factors (environment) and also internal factors (body health).